Display trailer nearly finished

Michael and I had a very productive weekend at the farm.

The Beresford trailer has been jetwashed, degreased and repainted, as the red paint was showing through where it had been chipped and scratched.

The front locker of the London display pump has got enough ballast in it to stop the trailer being too light at the front, and the pump has been re-assembled after I repaired the pump casing. Loads of parts painted, and then re-assembled. The rear legs bracket had been damaged, presumably by leaving a leg down and driving off, as it was twisted and a weld cracked. So I cooked it up till it glowed, and put a standpipe over the leg and pulled it straight. A neighbour welded it back up.

So now all I need to do is touch up a few specks of grey, clean and paint the wheel, put a new inner tube in the flat tyre, and fit the wooden display boards. Oh yes, and some transfers and sign-writing. What Fire Force and Station Number do we put on the side? Then we have to decide what to display in it.

Michael painted the inside of the caravan, primer on Saturday, and magnolia on Sunday – just needs a little touching up to finish off.

About lowdhamstation

I am a director of a small (and very technical) business, a committed Christian, a Reader (and preacher) in my local village church, husband to my dear Frances, am interested in heritage railways, and heritage fire engines. I currently run a group that displays wartime and early post-war fire engines at 1940s re-enacting events and steam engine rallies. O yes, and vintage cars and motorbikes, and we live in a Victorian railway station.
This entry was posted in London Dennis No 2 TP, Workshop and Restoration. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply