- Photos from Black Country Living Museum July 17, 2017 ” ngg_triggers_display=”never” is_ecommerce_enabled=”1″ order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″] We are now all safely back home, and back into the 21st Century, after a superb weekend. For us, it was a first time, as we are normally at Woodhall Spa this weekend, but we decided to try something new, and are glad we did. BCLM is a fantastic venue for ...
- Photos from the Severn Valley Railway July 6, 2017 We have been sent some magnificent photos from a professional photographer, Phil Lea, who was with us on the second weekend. In case you missed the previous post, we are very grateful to Mr Matthews for shooting this video. Share this:FacebookMoreTwitterGooglePinterestPrintEmailLike this:Like Loading...
- Air Raid at Severn Valley Railway July 5, 2017 We are back from a superb couple of weekends at the Severn Valley Railway, where we ran an air raid n each of the 4 days, each day getting slightly more spectacular than the last. We are very grateful to Mr Matthews for shooting this video. Share this:FacebookMoreTwitterGooglePinterestPrintEmailLike this:Like Loading...
- More photos from Lanc and Tank May 30, 2017 I was very kindly sent some lovely photos by Keith Foster of www.Flywheelphotography.net, which he has given permission to use here. Thank you, Keith. Share this:FacebookMoreTwitterGooglePinterestPrintEmailLike this:Like Loading...
- Lanc, Tank and Military Machines 2017 May 29, 2017 We have had a lovely weekend at the Lanc, Tank and Military Machines event at the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Museum. On Saturday we did a firefighting display using foam (washing up liquid), and on Monday, we did a joint display with the resident firefighting team. On both days, we offered fire engine rides round the airfield, ...
- Air raid at Quorn Station, 3rd, 4th June 1942 (2017) May 28, 2017 The display will be at 1:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday in Quorn Yard in the space between the Goods Shed and Marquee. Quorn and Woodhouse Station, Woodhouse Road, LE12 8AG. A lone German bomber attacks a train parked in the siding at Quorn being unloaded. The train has a box van of explosives being unloaded by railway ...
- Foam testing December 31, 2016 John and David went down to the farm to try out the foam branches. Armed with a few bottles of Aldi’s finest washing up liquid (about 30p a bottle), we got out the Beresford, connected suction to the test tank, put in some petrol and water, and then noticed a lot of condensation on the ...
- Photos from Papplewick Pumping Station October 29, 2016 A small group took the K2 and Dennis pump, together with a Beresford Stork pump, and the Mobile Canteen. We informed the public about the dangers of the incendiary bomb, and then demonstrated the power of the pumps, running a fairly substantial hand-held branch with two ground monitors, both with 1 1/8″ nozzles. With thanks to ...
- Air Raid at Quorn Station, GCR 4th-5th June 2016 – instructions for reenactors May 20, 2016 The display will be at 1:10pm on Saturday and Sunday in Quorn Yard in the space between the Goods Shed and Marquee. Quorn and Woodhouse Station, Woodhouse Road, LE12 8AG. The detail of the scenario is here. Please look at the GCR Wartime Weekend website here. We are planning to take the Dodge Mobile Dam as the main vehicle ...
- Newark Advertiser photos March 11, 2016 In preparation for the Commemorative re-enactment of the Newark Air Raid, the Newark Advertiser came down to our storage facility to take some publicity photos. As it happens, a building had just been demolished, so we had the perfect backdrop. Lewis, Richard and I got the Beresford Stork to work. Share this:FacebookMoreTwitterGooglePinterestPrintEmailLike this:Like Loading...
- 30/05 - More photos from Lanc and Tank
- 17/11 - K4 Winter Maintenance
- 03/11 - NFS in training at Papplewick
- 08/05 - Danger UXB
- 19/04 - K4 misfire – carburetor overhaul
- 25/10 - Papplewick 2014 photos
- 26/09 - Rufford Abbey Air Raid timeline
- 08/08 - Retford War weekend, 9-10 August
- 21/07 - Air Raid at Woodhall Spa
- 17/05 - Pre-season preparations
- 11/05 - Display trailer nearly finished
- 26/04 - Rufford Historical Bazaar
- 20/02 - Chesterfield 1940s this weekend
- 24/12 - The New Dennis No2 Trailer pump
- 18/10 - Papplewick this weekend
- 09/10 - Photos from Kelham Island
- 02/10 - A new manual pump
- 30/09 - New Cab Floor for Katie
- 02/09 - Rufford Air Raid video
- 31/08 - Successful Air Raid at Rufford
- 25/07 - More photos from Kelham Island
- 24/07 - Lowdham Floods 23 July 2013
- 07/07 - Recent Events
- 07/07 - Workshop News – Fordson Repaired
- 07/07 - Derby Fire Show
- 12/05 - Mobile Canteen Rebuild
- 13/04 - Fordson has a new windscreen
- 07/04 - Mobile canteen progress
- 25/03 - NFS Mobile Canteen
- 06/01 - Fordson Barton Pump restoration
- 27/12 - Fordson workshop news
- 27/12 - Replacing the Goddess back axle
- 12/09 - Welland Display, 21-23 Sept
- 02/09 - Rauceby War Weekend
- 20/08 - RAF Cranwell Fly-in Day
- 19/08 - New photos of Crich
- 14/08 - Sunday at Crich
- 11/08 - Crich 1940s today
- 01/08 - K4 cab side now has new logo
- 08/07 - More Staveley Photos
- 02/07 - Clumber photos by Mick Hill
- 26/06 - Nice photos of Rufford last year
- 18/06 - Wartime Clumber this weekend
- 24/04 - Welland entries
- 09/04 - Crich Tramway Museum in the wet
- 12/02 - Crew Cab fitted to Austin K4
- 07/01 - Progress on the K4 Crew Cab
- 03/12 - Fitting new parts to the K4
- 23/10 - Papplewick 1940s event
- 02/10 - Maintenance on the Fordson 7V
- 29/08 - Crich 1940s Aug 2011
- 21/08 - Clumber at War, June 2011
- 21/08 - Rauceby 1940s Weekend
- 03/08 - Welland 2011 report and photos
- 17/07 - Austin K2 head-gasket
- 17/06 - Manual and Drill for the Fordson
- 27/04 - Easter weekend
- 10/04 - Getting the Fordson home
- 10/04 - Fordson Details
- 15/03 - Clumber 2010
- 15/03 - Austin K4 TL Restoration
- 13/03 - Dennis No2 Restoration
- 24/02 - Bedford RL manuals
- 10/08 - AFS at Welland 2010
Dennis No2, built: 1938
Capacity: 500 gallons/minute
Owned: David Moore
Coventry Climax on trailer, built: 1950s
Capacity: 350 gallons/minute
Owned: John Sutcliffe
Beresford Stork, built: 1940s
Capacity: 200(?) gallons/minute
Owned: 1) John Sutcliffe (needs complete restoration)
2) David Moore (complete, needs re-commissioning)
Grey Coventry Climax trailer, owned by Michael Sutcliffe.
Currently being converted to carry a Beresford Stork.