If you would like to come on the convoy to NSK and on to the Market Square and Church Service, please read the Instructions for the Convoy and Church Service Sun 6th March.
4 managers from NSK will be there to show us round.
You should see:
• Traces of the ‘Ransome and Marles’ painting on the old frontage
• The old office entrance to the ‘Stanley Works’
• The drawings of the underground dressing station, and the (sealed up) entrance to it in the car park
• Old camouflage paint and bomb damage to walls and windows as we walk down the main access road.
• The Memorial Garden, where we plan to lay a wreath beneath the memorial plaque. This is on the site of the old General Stores, and just a few yards from where the first bomb dropped.
• The ‘shrapnel-proof’ concrete roof to the old Power House
There is a nice article in the Newark Advertiser here.