Important note for all participants: Briefing at 10:30 in the Turning Circle (Saturday)
Start at 2:30 (Both Days)
- Siren is start of scenario.
- End of siren is cue for start of V1 approach sound.
- ARPs look to the sky, and point to the approaching bomb. Try to all look in the same direction!
- Uninjured evacuees come out as directed by ARP, to WVS rest centre. Because this is before the arrival of the appliances, and as the rest centre is a safe area, untrained people can participate.
- Wendy first seriously injured casualty. Staggers dramatically, frets about Norman, faints, assisted by ARP and nurse, transferred to stretcher by ARP.
Firemen arrive and put out the fire
- Firemen arrive:
- Fordson PE (nose to dam) to get water on ASAP
- Ambulance arrives and turns round. Parks out of the way facing ramp by field hospital.
- K2 and pump to park by PE. Drop pump. Turn round to face ramp.
- TL to position for rescue
- May do short squirt from TL (to be decided).
- ARP report further persons missing inside
- Firemen into building with tools
- Water off and silence
- Casualty found, Neil Robertson stretcher taken in, TL prepared for rescue.
- Hoses can be made up at this stage by anyone at a loose end – it will save time later
- Once the small fire is out, the injured casualties start to emerge.
- Norman, Will and Di eventually emerge. Norman between shoulders of 2 firemen. Likewise Di. Scope for First Aid by ARP, doctor, nurse etc.
- John calls to say that casualty is now in NR stretcher ready for lowering.
- Rescue line is lowered from pulley block by fireman at ladder head
- Casualty is lowered. On reaching the ground, it is carried round TL to be visible.
- Doctor pronounces casualty dead at scene, covers with blanket
- Corpse (still in NR stretcher) carried to K2. K2 departs to mortuary.
- Ambulance is summoned by messenger
- Ambulance reverses into place centre stage. Casualties loaded.
- Ambulance departs, and waits in turning circle
Firemen and Monty/Churchill
- By this stage, hose should be made up.
- K2 arrives back after ambulance leaves
- ARP and Firemen fall in for inspection line
- Dignitary arrives.
- 3 cheers
- Dignitary departs.
- Fall out
- Vehicles depart
- This is the end of our 30-minute slot
Casualty treatment at field hospital (3:00pm)
- Ambulance returns from turning circle. We are now no longer at the air raid scene, but at the field hospital some way away.
- Eventplan stewards remove the crowd barrier so people can get close to the action
- The field hospital is adjacent to the WVS rest area and the mobile canteen. Sympathy and tea is dispensed
- The St John Ambulance nurses tend the casualties.
- Monty or Churchill visit the work and congratulate the staff, and encourage the wounded.
- When complete the casualties ‘rise’, and take a curtain call. (Approx 3:15)