Pre-season preparations

Had a productive day today with Michael. Almost completed painting the inside of the Mobile Canteen, and then we went on to testing pumps. We inflated one of the recently acquired 2,500-gallon dams, with the intention of pumping water into it to try it out.

The Beresford initially wouldn’t start, until we noticed that the spark plugs were all removed! Drain plugs all replaced, and we eventually started it, but on two cylinders. Two plug leads were swapped, and that made it work properly again. Good suction, but it remains difficult to start when warm.

We moved on to the Coventry Climax FSM pump, but could not get that to raise any vacuum, until we found a bolt missing. It was rather inaccessible, but refitted it. Then the pipe feeding cold water to the heat exchanger came loose. Luckily, that was an easy repair. but we did not get round to pumping any water.

About lowdhamstation

I am a director of a small (and very technical) business, a committed Christian, a Reader (and preacher) in my local village church, husband to my dear Frances, am interested in heritage railways, and heritage fire engines. I currently run a group that displays wartime and early post-war fire engines at 1940s re-enacting events and steam engine rallies. O yes, and vintage cars and motorbikes, and we live in a Victorian railway station.
This entry was posted in Beresford Stork Trailer Pump, Coventry Climax Trailer Pump, Mobile Canteen, Workshop and Restoration. Bookmark the permalink.